Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013

Schlossfest



Roughly translated to "castle-festival", this is an event which takes place in Neuburg, Donau, every other year and where my lovely friend Lilly took me and some other friends last weekend. The entire historic city centre was converted into one giant renaissance fair, and most of the townspeople were in costume - it was incredible! Here are some pictures, like I promised:
Lovely Lilly on the left. The guys' garb was generously supplied by Lilly's family
The castle's court. The entire inner wall used to be painted like that,
they're restoring it


On the left, the wall-painting has already been restored,
while the walls in the middle and opposite still await restoration




Lilly being silly in the courtyard
I said there would be pictures of my costume, din't I?
The entire group, picture taken by a nice lady who just couldn't
for the life of her figure out how to use my camera.

There were groups like this walking through
all the streets, making music...
...or representing the guard! It felt like a real
medieval faire as you could always hear
drumming or music out of one direction or other :)

On the second day, it was so hot and we intended to stay only for such a short time, that I couldn't be bothered to wear my costume. Still took some pictures, though:

Lilly and me, and I actually bought that parasol/umbrella!
(I was told by the shopkeeper that it could absolutely be
used as an umbrella :) )

We were all pretty tired at the end of our second day
In other news, I decided to postpone the corset making until after my exams are done (august), but as I like to have something to do, I'm knitting a stole now. Pictures and a pattern will be up soon :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen