Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2013

Minion in progress

I did promise some in-progress-pictures, didn't I? So, while granting myself a free afternoon filled with watching "The paradise", I got quite a lot of crocheting done:
Eyes and mouth pinned on, arms still missing
I ran out of yellow yarn, so I haven't done the arms yet, I'll probably get some on monday. Changes I've made to the pattern so far:
  • As I said, I ran out of yellow yarn, so the body is quite a lot shorter than it's supposed to be - I stopped at round 42 of 55 straight rows
  • With a shorter body, I also made the front- and backpanels of the overalls smaller (left out two lines) so as to have some room left for the face.
  • I couldn't get the boots to work with that strange 12 chainstiches beginning, so I started by chaining 5 stitches, two single crochets in the second loop from the hook, 1 sc in the two following, 4sc in the loop at the end of the chain - that should bring you to the other side - 1 sc in the two following and again 2sc in the last, that gives a nice-to-work-with oval shape of 12 stitches. I then doubled all the stitches (24) and then did one more round, doubling every second stich on the curves, you can do that pretty good by eyeballing. That gave me about 30 stitches. I followed the pattern again until it came to diminishing (declining? It's abbreviated with dec.) Adjusting the pattern I had (count your stitches, divide them by two, minus four) I did 11 sc; diminished 4times and did 11sc. next round 9sc, dec. 4times, 9sc. next round 7sc, dec 4times, 7dc follow the pattern again
  • I also crocheted the little black buttons (4sc on a loop, pull tight, knot off, leave two long strands to sew to your overall)
  • I made the goggles out of grey felt, because I had some lying around, instead of grey yarn, which I didn't. Still looks pretty cool, though, I think :)
Since I don't think I'll go into as much detail as the original pattern, all that's left to do are the goggle straps and the arms, into which I'll try to build in some wire-understructure as to make them bendable. Oh, the fun :)
 Lilly's birthday is early in september, and if I don't get bored with them until then, I'll give her this minion plus a purple, evil one from despicable me 2.  (I'll just buy two balls of purple yarn, then I can make it in the right size plus have some left over to do that craaazy hair - Oh, what fun :) )

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen