Donnerstag, 4. Juli 2013

Renaissance apron the second

You can see how little of the thread was left about halfway through
My apron is done! Yay! I finished the embroidery today, more out of necessity than my free will. Firstly, the event I'm planning to wear the apron to is this weekend, so I had to finish, secondly, my thread ran out, so I actually had to finish. I couldn't quite finish the pattern I had drawn on before, but unpicked one of the flowers at the other end so that it would still be more or less symmetrical. I'm quite satisfied with the result, although there are a couple of things I would do differently if I ever did such a project again:
  • Start from the middle. It doesn't matter if you're drawing the pattern on or embroidering, if you start from one of the sides, it's going to be asymmetrical. (That holds especially true if you can't be sure that you have enough thread)
  • Don't start an embroidery project unless the deadline is more than a year away! Embroidering (especially an ever repeating pattern) is a long and boring task and you will come to hate it if you have to do too much in too little time 
  • Read the instructions before you start. 'nuff said.
That being said, here's the finished result:
You can see the tiny holes on the left where I unpicked a flower because I simply didn't have enough thread left to embroider one on the other side ;)
 And here it is on me, completing the outfit I plan to wear this weekend:
My camera sometimes doesn't like me, so it gives me demon eyes ;)
If I get any better pictures at the fair, I'll post them :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen