Mittwoch, 2. Oktober 2013

Some more Regency

Let's start with the sleeves. I meant for them to be in last weeks photoshoot, but they didn't go with the dress, so I meant to take some pictures of the finished sleeves on me, which didn't happen either because I have a cold and couldn't be bothered. Sorry. So, instead, you're getting pictures from when I worked on them.
Working on the sleeves
You can see where I reduced by four
stitches at the ellbow
I knitted in rounds with yarn my mother bought a couple of years ago to make toques for my brothers, no idea why she bought so much of it.











Anyway, just the facts, ma'am:

The Challenge: #20, outerwear

Fabric: 2 balls of white yarn, I think it says polyacryl, but it feels nice and seems to be pretty warm

Pattern: none, just counting. Knitted in continuous rows

Year:  ~1800

Notions: thinking about weaving some coloured ribbon through at both ends to tie some pretty bows, the colour would depend on the dress though, so I haven't put any in yet.

How historically accurate is it? Uh... although knitted sleeves did exist, they would have been done in much finer yarn with much smaller needles. Maybe as a gift by a little girl learning to knit to her older sister?

Hours to complete: Done while watching TV or DVD's, so maybe 3-4 hours per sleeve? I really should start counting these...

First worn: not yet

Total cost: Free :D

And actually on me! The top
And the bottom
















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen