Montag, 16. September 2013

Buchlinge

Short post, so you guys know I'm still alive. I finished my corset and will put up some pictures soon, although I'm not completely happy with it and consider changing some things. Other than that, there hasn't been a lot of sewing possible the last few weeks since the room (and cupboard) I keep my sewing things in have been occupied due to my parents' remodeling our kitchen. So I turned to knitting - a scarf for my mother, possibly as a Christmas gift - so shhh! :)
Gotta love the colour.
This is the pattern I used.
Because I (obviously) can't work on the scarf when my mother is in the room, I started another knitting project for when we're watching TV together: knitted sleeves. The dreamstress made a blogpost about her regency sleeve mitts, and, unlike her, I knit, so I figured this would be a nice and easy project. It won't be historically accurate at all, and I'm using rather thick wool, but this way I a) don't lose patience halfway through and b) can even wear them with my modern day clothes this winter (or at least I hope so). So far, I've got about half a sleeve, so I haven't taken any pictures yet.
Things I did take pictures of: Buchlinge! For the absolutely confused among you: Buchlinge (booklings) are characters from a novel by one of my favourite authors, Walter Moers. I started reading his books after a friend's recommendation, and since then, usually got that friend something Moers-related for his birthday. There haven't been any new books recently, so what to get him? I was getting kind of desperate since his birthday is this weekend, but then I got the idea: make him a couple of booklings! Freehand-amigurmi worked pretty good for the tiny minion, so why not for a bookling? The shape is pretty basic, but recognizable, so today I sat down with some blue and purple yarn and tried it. Lo and behold, the booklings:
I made the purple one second, so it's neater, but as the book says they come in all shapes and sizes, I don't sweat the difference. That's actually a tiny book they're holding, made out of cut up paper, cardboard, fabric and lots of glue - but if you want my advice, refrain from tiny bookmaking without having the proper tools, I ruined a needle while sewing the pages together ;)
I'm pretty proud of them, I hope he'll like them (and if not, I'm gonna keep them for myself! :) ).
Since our kitchen is now almost done, I think I can take hold of my sewing room again soon and will get some things done. So many ideas!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen