Sonntag, 24. November 2013

A Little Handiwork

This week I took some knitting and handsewing with me, and while I made some progress, I probably could have gotten a lot farther if I hadn't brought my new guitar with me as well. As it is, I played until my fingers hurt and then didn't feel much like sewing anymore, so here's the little I have done:

I used graph paper to figure out if this would fit for the "One Meter" challenge of the HSF, and it did! While it doesn't look like it in the drawing, my fabric was actually 10 cm wider than the 140cm I had calculated with, so I had enough left over to cut underarm gussets without touching the two long rectangles in the upper right corner that are now meant for hip gussets (gores...? You know what I mean, and if not, it will all make sense in time :) )



In any case, that means that I have to have this done by the deadline sometime in december,
 which should be doable since the stuff I did so far went together pretty quickly. 


 I made a sleeve! And it only took me a couple of hours! Even though I made flat-felled-seams, can you tell?! This is the first time I have successfully sewn flat-felled-seams, I'm so proud of myself :) Still gotta hem it, make the other one, make the body, attach the sleeves etc, but so far it's a good start :)

And in case you were wondering, how the hell buttoned legwarmers were supposed, wonder no more:
One down, one more to go. I really love the colours :)
You'll hear from me next week, until then :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen